Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Congrats to The Boy!!!

The Boy is a phenomenal writer. I mean, he's the type of writer that as you read his work you wonder how people can have such talent - how they can ever think to put words together like that. He writes sentences that make me ache because they are so beautifully written.

In the past I've mentioned that The Boy and his brother have this writing game called, aptly enough, The Story Game. They throw out a topic every week (the pitch) and write. It used to be 2 pages single spaced, now it can go up to four. They post most of what the write on their website and there is some truly awesome stuff up there. I'll have to link to my favorites sometime.

But this post is about The Boy and his FIRST SALE! I wrote about it a while back, but now it is finally out in print. I'm so proud of him. When he and I decided on the 10 Year Plan almost a year ago, he dedicated himself to it. He went from having one finished story a year ago that he'd never submitted to multiple stories submitted and this one sold. He's had two stories sent up to the lead editors out of the slush which is damn impressive. He gets up at 5:30 in the morning so that he can write (we were the type that slept past noon in law school and could barely make it out of bed for our 10am or 11am classes...).

So I just wanted to throw out a huge CONGRATULATIONS to The Boy. I know this is the first of many sales, and I am just so amazingly proud of him.

1 comment:

Brenda Oig said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting. I'm really happy for both of you. His success will only hasten yours I'm sure. That's awesome.