Monday, August 30, 2010

The Dark and Hollow Places -- in all its covery glory

YAY!  I finally get to post the US cover for The Dark and Hollow Places!  I know many of you have seen versions of this cover out and about but they were still working on some tweaks and I wanted to make sure I had the final file before posting.  But here it is!  I am IN LOVE with this cover!  LOVE LOVE LOVE!  I love the model, I love the dirt and grime, I love where she is, I love the expression on her face, I love everything.  It fits the story sooo well and I just feel like the luckiest author in the entire world.

click for high res
Here's the back cover copy:
There are many things that Annah would like to forget: the look on her sister’s face when she and Elias left her behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, her first glimpse of the horde as they found their way to the Dark City, the sear of the barbed wire that would scar her for life. But most of all, Annah would like to forget the morning Elias left her for the Recruiters.

Annah’s world stopped that day and she’s been waiting for him to come home ever since. Without him, her life doesn’t feel much different from that of the dead that roam the wasted city around her. Then she meets Catcher and everything feels alive again.

Except, Catcher has his own secrets -- dark, terrifying truths that link him to a past Annah’s longed to forget, and to a future too deadly to consider. And now it’s up to Annah -- can she continue to live in a world drenched in the blood of the living? Or is death the only escape from the Return’s destruction?
Right now, the release date is scheduled to be March 22, 2011!  YAY!  Here's a link to a recent post about ARCs and who to contact to request one.  Please leave any questions in the comments and I'll try to answer them all!

You can also pre-order The Dark and Hollow Places: [Amazon] [Barnes & Noble[autographed copy from Park Road Books -- my local indie] (I'll add links to IndieBound, etc., as they come available)

Also, don't forget I'll be at the Decatur Book Festival this weekend and appearing on the Vampires vs. Zombies Smackdown panel on Saturday at 3PM!  More details are here.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who's emailed or tweeted to tell me you're looking forward to The Dark and Hollow Places -- you truly make my day!

17 comments:

Rachel Bateman said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE it. I can't wait to have it snuggled in my shelf next to FHT and DTW. You have gotten some seriously good covers!

Jen Bigheart said...

GORGEOUS! Seriously one of my favorite series....by far! Congrats!

Cynthia Hand said...

Beautiful, Carrie! Congrats! Can't wait to read it.

Windy Aphayrath said...

Do you mean March 22, 2011? ;)

Beautiful cover!

lacey kaye said...

That is SO SWEET! I mean, creepy and post-apocalyptic-looking =)

M said...

I absolutely love it! I'm so glad you're getting such amazing covers to go along with your titles!

Pam Pho said...

I think that is the best cover yet!

Lola Sharp said...

Yep. This is a great cover. :) Congrats.

Unknown said...

The title should read, "...in all its covery glory..." (no apostrophe in the word its). Can't WAIT to read the book!!! :)

Jessica said...

Gorgeous cover!! So stoked to read it... :)

Tomara Armstrong said...

The cover is beautiful... Man, March? The wait is going to be a killer...

~2

Kasey said...

I absolutely ADORE this cover!!! Cannot wait to read it!

Daisy Whitney said...

Beautiful! And great jacket copu

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! I just finished last night The Dead-Tossed Waves and I think I loved it more than The Forest of Hands and Teeth!! Cannot wait for this one now.

Unknown said...

WOW congratulations! That's got to be one of the most breathtakingly gorgeous book covers I've ever seen and I'm definitely gonna be snatching this up when it comes out as to match my treasured copies Forest of Hands & Teeth and Dead Tossed Waves! :D


Is this the last book in the series? Or are there going to be more? :D

Author said...

I was really hoping the next book would be about Annah, Elias, and Catcher. The cover is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Who is the model in this cover?? She looks exactly like me!!!
Cool cover btw ;)