Friday, August 06, 2010

A quick note about The Dark and Hollow Places ARCs

Hey y'all!  I've started to get some emails requesting advanced reader copies (ARCs) for The Dark and Hollow Places.  How stoked am I that people are already looking forward to it?  Wahooo!!  Thanks y'all!!  I just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that (a) there aren't any ARCs yet (I'm still revising); (b) when there are ARCs you'll know it because I'll be jumping up and down on the blog and posting pics; and (c) I very likely won't have any ARCs to give away.  I tend to only get a handful and my family has already called dibs (seriously, my brother-in-law cornered my mom yesterday thinking she might have a draft on her kindle (she doesn't -- if she did my sister would kill me)).

Have I mentioned how much I love my family and how excited I am that people are excited about The Dark and Hollow Places?  YAY!

Me and Appa got some revising to do
Anyway, if you'd like to review The Dark and Hollow Places you should contact my publicists directly and their information is under the contact tab on my website (under Publicity down in the middle of the page).  They'll be the ones with the ARCs (when there actually are ARCs).

(also, I might point out that when I was copying the link to my website above I almost accidentally copied the link to the RockBand download of Do You Want To Date My Avatar - ha!  We know what I'll be doing this weekend).

So it should surprise no one that I haven't been blogging or tweeting as much seeing as how I have revisions to finish so that said ARCs can be produced.  Such silence will probably continue for a few more weeks.  Sorry!

Thanks again for all the interest in The Dark and Hollow Places -- seriously, knowing that people are looking forward to the next book makes revising fun... or at least tolerable... or at least not quite so terrifying (actually, that's not true either, knowing people are looking forward to it does make the revising a bit terrifying).  And thanks to the teen readers at the Terryberry Branch of the Hamilton Public Library and their librarian Pamela for a fantastic Skype session yesterday -- what a great way to end the day!
 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha Your family sounds awesome. ^_^
Can't wait for "The Dark and Hollow Places"! I'm about ready to re-read the other two to help pass the time! xD
Avatar is amazing, by the way. :)
~Jenna

Unknown said...

You know it's cause we love you Carrie! I seriously cannot wait for DHP! You have no idea! Thanks for everything. See you soon!

bibliopunkk said...

That's funny.. I just bothered my pub rep the other night about this. Glad to hear revisions are going well(?). Can't wait to read it.

-Krys T.

Deva Fagan said...

I just have to say how much I am coveting your stuffed Appa. Adorable!

Good luck with revisions!

bandana1 said...

I love your books, I'm really looking forward to The Dark and Hollow Places. Gotta love Do You Want to Date My Avatar too, my sister is a WOW junkie. If I could get her away from the game and get one of your books in her hands I'd have a serious win. Anyway thanks for the updates.

Anonymous said...

I would dearly love to have an ARC of TDHP but, alas, unless you adopt me (!!) I will have to wait till it's published :(. Seems publishers dont like sending arcs to new blogs :(. But never fear - I will ask them anyway. I will do whatever it takes!!
The Dead-Tossed Waves is on the top of my best read list and it would take a miracle to knock it off (maybe The Dark and Hollow Places is that miracle?!) LOL!
Have fun with the revisions. I just LOVE these books and wait ever so not patiently for TDHP!
Marissa - Novels On The Run

Dania said...

It feels like a lifetime away from March right now!!!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait till "The Dark and Hollow Places" "The Dead Tossed
Waves" was really great. I was really hoping that Gabry an Catcher were the ones who got together. :D

kareen said...

I'm so so glad about that conversation with Gabry and Elias near the end... so you cannot imagine my shock/horror when he fell in that scene. I couldn't believe it!! I actually cried out 'NOOOOO!!!!' I think I love The Dead-Tossed Waves much more than The Forest of Hands and Teeth; there's a sort of relief when she 'finds' her love and the strength it gives her, and it's made me very impatient for the 3rd one so they can find each other already! (I really do hope that Annah doesn't pull a 'Oh I'm in lurve with Elias, give him BACK' hahaha!) :o) Thanks Carrie, I never thought I'd ever like zombies...! -Kareen-

Anonymous said...

I LOVE APPA!!

Unknown said...

I want to read it now!! :)
Great...I LITERALLY read your others books within a couple days...now that'll be all I'll want to do with this book..
I do have a life...lol.
I <3 zombies.
Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading "The Forest of Hands and Teeth" and "The Dead-Tossed Waves". I really never thought I would enjoy anything involving zombies ..... Surprise! I loved the books. I'm really glad to hear about the 3rd book in the series - There were just too many unanswered questions. Oh! did I say "series"? (hint hint)

Hmmm, seeing that you are making a third book, I believe that may qualify as a series. Have you thought about a series name?

Oh! there I go again mentioning "series" again - Well, I see a lot of potential for a really good series. Perhaps something leading to finding a cure / vaccine. Maybe something like "Oooh, what a pretty flower" or "Eeek! I just stepped in cat poo" ... "I wonder what this could used for".

I can't wait for "The Dark and Hollow Places" Maybe it will placate my despair after what happened with Cira in the 2nd book. I got a bit misty eyed at that point.

Rebecca Allen said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just finished The Dead-Tossed Waves and I can't wait until the next book! I have been telling everyone about them and have gotten a lot of people interested in them! i love you and your ingenious mind!

Anonymous said...

I love your books!!! Yesterday I finished the Dead-Tossed Waves, and I'm excited for the next one to come out:) your amazing on how you tell the story out, cause I can't seem to stop reading.
-Ella

EmmyE said...

i just finished the dead tossed waves an cant get to the store right this minute to buy the dark and hollow places grr need that book hope gabry and elias get together soon annah sounds pretty neat