Friday, November 23, 2007

Giving Thanks

I have much to be thankful for over the past year. In thinking about it all this week, I think what I'm most thankful for is friends and family to share everything with. People say that writing is a solitary life, but I've found it to be just the opposite. I've met amazing and supportive people in the past year who have totally enriched my writing experience. These friends are always there to give advice, to listen to my fears and vents and questions, and just to gab about life and writing and everything in between. I'm so thankful for the online writing community and everyone who has accepted me with open arms.

I'm also thankful for my family who I think screamed louder than I did when they found out I'd sold my book. Who continue to ask questions about it and who are such big supporters. Who sat down and read my book even though zombies and YA isn't quite their thing. And who will plot with me :)

I'm thankful for my agent and editor who constantly blow my mind with their support and thoughtfulness. They really are amazing and I'm loving every minute of it.

I'm thankful for my new job, for finding that day job in the practice of law I've always wanted. Everyone I work for is so nice and helpful and friendly. I love feeling like a part of this team!

And of course, I'm thankful for JP. There are so many moments in life that I get to share with him.

I could go on... but I think there are some leftovers that need devouring :) So thanks to all of you for being a part of my community and for reading and commenting and supporting. Y'all make it all so worth-wile!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post and observation :-)

Erica Ridley said...

Great post, Carrie! You have a lot to be thankful for... and I am thankful to be friends with YOU! =)

Trish Ryan said...

Gotta love that stuff--well done :) It's fun to be thankful (wow, does that sound dorky, or what? But I can't help it...it's true!)