Monday, June 26, 2006

SOLD!!!!

Not me, The Boy. But close enough! I've mentioned before that The Boy is a writer in his own right. You can find some of his stuff here. He's very modest about his talent but let me tell you, he is amazing. His first finsished story, The Deserts of Vast Eternity, made me cry when I read it. And it was about the fifth time I'd read the thing. I can't wait until that story becomes well known so that y'all will know what I'm talking about. It is such a beautiful tale. The story he sold, Halloween Night was one he shot out one day on a lark - isn't it amazing how these things work out?

Anyway, rather than use my own words to describe his sale, here it is in his own words from his site:



GOOOOAAAAALLLL!!!!!

Today I made my first ever fiction sale, a totally non-Gtame related short-story entitled "Halloween Night," to Shimmer Magazine. If you haven't heard of Shimmer, check it out, it's really a great magazine full of awesome new speculative fiction: www.shimmerzine.com. More details as the story gets closer to publication.

I can't wait to see him in print! Wohoo for dreams coming true!!!

(p.s. that picture that he used is one of our two cats... the one that doesn't help me write...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Boy!!! What an awesome feeling that must be.

Carrie Ryan said...

Thanks Bren!! It was awesome. He's had a second story pulled from the slush pile on a pro level magazine (but won't hear more for a few months). I'm so excited for him!

TJ Brown said...

Congrats to your boy, Carrie. And I don't know how I do it. I just do it. And hopefully the wee ones won't be here for long. That wouldn't be fair to my teens. We are just getting ready to launch them and it's a lot of work!
LOl
Teri