Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

I love Halloween -- even more so now that I write about zombies :) There's just something to be said for being able to flex the creative muscles and come up with a costume. I've also really started enjoying being a homeowner in a trick-or-treat neighborhood.

Right now, JP and I camped out in the living room, the outside of the house decorated with Marcus the Carcus and our talking bats Heckle and Jeckle. The ghost pirate on the front door is turned off for now cause he tends to scare the kids. Inside we have the fire going, a large bowl of our favorite candy, and a couple of bottles of wine. Oh, and pizza is on the way :) Outside I can hear kids laughing.

When we were in law school, one of the biggest and most scandalous parties of the year was always at Halloween. Sketch-tacular!! I'd tell you my costumes, but I don't know you too well ;) I will say that it was at one of these parties that JP and I really started flirting. I guess it's that "seeing a friend in a new light" kind of things.

What are some of y'all's favorite Halloween traditions and memories?

Ooop, there goes the door bell!

3 comments:

Jessica Burkhart said...

I love, love Halloween! My favorite memory is when I hosted a Halloween adopt-a-thon with my local humane society. We dressed up the pets and found them some amazing homes. It was so much fun! :)

Vicki said...

My Halloween was quiet. The new neighborhood didn't have kids coming to the door. :(

I did dress up for work though as a vampire/undead something. Everyone loved it but said that I was scary. Funny thing is I didn't look scary to me, but then I made me up so....

Jessica - what a wonderful way to spend Halloween!!

Carrie Ryan said...

I love that idea, Jessica! Awww, that just makes me so happy -- what a great way to spend Halloween!!

Vicki - I wish we'd been able to dress up at work. OTOH, I stink at coming up with costumes. JP and I went to a "costume party" for his firm last year and were the only people dressed up. Thank goodness our costume was low key (Duke Lax players -- handcuffs, duke tee-shirt, blue swishy pants and lax sticks). In the end, it was worth it just to get a great pair of comfy swishy pants :)