Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: The Dead-Tossed Waves

Over the next weeks, I'll try to post more information about The Dead-Tossed Waves in the run up to its release on March 9, 2010.  Today, I'm posting a snippet of the opening:

The story goes that even after the Return they tried to keep the roller coasters going.  They said it reminded them of the before time.  When they didn't have to worry about people rising from the dead, when they didn't have to build fences and walls and barriers to protect themselves from the masses of Mudo constantly seeking human flesh.  When the living weren't forever hunted.

They said it made them feel normal.

I'm so super excited about this book coming out!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read it. I loved FHT! Thanks for the teaser.

Trish

Laura Renegar said...

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it. Thanks!

Rebecca Knight said...

OOH! Hooray for teasers! :D

I was already sold, but now I'm even more excited.

Also, happy belated birthday! :)

Mary Gray said...

I can't wait to read it. I think about The Forest of Hands and Teeth ALL the time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your writing style.

Unknown said...

Me, too! I can't wait!!!

Shannon Morgan said...

You just went on the ol' Google calendar - March 9! :) Loved Forest of Hands and Teeth, very excited to read Dead-Tossed Waves.

Donna Gambale said...

Ohhh I'm so intrigued by that. Rollercoasters -- so not what I was expecting, but excellent. Can't wait!

Ashley Gardner said...

I would just like to say that I just got a hold of an ARC of this book and it is amazing. Amen. <3

Love the teaser. ;D

Unknown said...

I so cannot wait to read this!!!!!