Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: The Dead-Tossed Waves tour

Hey Y'all! It's Tuesday and I'm back to share more about the upcoming release of The Dead-Tossed Waves. Yesterday I was THRILLED to get an actual real got-to-hold-it-in-my-hands copy of the book. SQUEE!! Here's a picture of my cat no looking nearly as thrilled as I was:

And yes! That's a picture of both the hardcover of DTW *and* the rejacketed hardcover of The Forest of Hands and Teeth. So if you ever wanted a copy of FHT with the old jacket, now's the time to snag it from the store if you find it. From what I've been told, all the copies left in the warehouse are now bearing this new cover! Yay!

I also got word last week that I'll officially be touring for DTW in March (!!!) and here's where I think I'll be going so far (this could, of course, change as we get closer): Baltimore + DC, NYC (and area), Chicago, Detroit + Lansing, Seattle, San Francisco. I'm also trying to set something up in Atlanta and of course my hometowns Charlotte & Greenville :)

I'll add details as I get them - so excited!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you have no control over your tour stops, but could you maybe tell the powers that be that we really, really want you near Portland, Oregon? You could go to Powell's Books or one of the bazillion other bookstores around here, and you'd be guaranteed at least two squealy women at your signing . . .

Zombie Joe said...

Chicago, you say? That is only a 2 hour or so drive south. It also gives me an excuse to go to the Bleeding Heart Bakery. ;)

Anonymous said...

No, not me and my other personality! I have a friend. A real one.

Katie said...

Detroit? *ears perk* Could one of my favorite authors FINALLY be touring near me? I hope that doesn't change. Can't wait!

Livia said...

Oh please come to South Florida!
It's hot and fun! =)
We love you here!!!!! =))))

KT Grant said...

Please come to NYC! :)

Anonymous said...

Houston! H-town is sending you love, Carrie. Come on down..the weather is great in March. Plus, we have an awesome Indie Bookstore called Blue Willow Bookshop that is perfect for hosting authors.
Erin

Anonymous said...

Detroit can't wait...I hear there is a special celebration in-store when you visit America's High Five!

Darin said...

Very exciting Carrie!!! Can't wait to read the new book!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

come to atlanta! :)

Midnight said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! You're coming back to NYC? I'll definitely go if I can. I can't WAIT for The Dead-Tossed Waves.
And, uh... Hi! I emailed you ages ago in october. I'm the one with the cool stationary. XD

ExtremeReader said...

I am so excited about The Dead-Tossed Waves!! I look forward to your Charlotte Event!!!

M said...

Yay! So excited to see Baltimore/DC on that list. Can't wait for DTW to come out!

Anonymous said...

Any chance you will be coming to the Boston area?
Maria the Librarian