Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!!!

I'm pretty terrible about remembering birthdays (except my own) and am always feeling terrible when I forget to call or email someone to wish them the best.  My grandmother used to say that if anyone forgets your birthday it's your own fault and after pondering that for a while, I agreed with her.  Since then, I make it a point to announce my birthday loud and clear :)  I know some people are more demure than that but they all must have a better memory than I do!

New years and birthdays tend to be the times when people reflect on where they are and where they're going and since these days come pretty close to each other for me, it means I spend the first part of the year thinking about such things.  I dashed off a few resolutions this year (including blogging more - whee look at me go!) but I still need to sit down and really pay attention to what I want to accomplish this year.  Perhaps resolutions isn't the right word but goals.

I have a lot I want to do this year (which I shall blog about soon).  And I have a lot I'm proud of from last year (which I will also blog about soon).  In fact, there's a lot I want to blog about -- some people have asked me to write about my schedule, to talk more about The Dead-Tossed Waves, and I want to do a series on how I found an agent since that's a question I get asked about a lot at events.  If there's anything y'all would like me to talk about in the coming weeks, just let me know in the comments!

Now if you'll excuse me, JP snuck out of the house this morning so he could bring me bagels in bed (little did he know I'd be up and at work earlier than usual!).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

JP is a keeper! Bagels in bed = win! And Happiest of Birthdays! Now get to work.

KT Grant said...

Have an incredible birthday! :)

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

Happy Birthday, Carrie!

Brigitte said...

Who could ask for a better present? ;D

I mean, breakfast in bed? I'd be surprised if he doesn't wear silver armor! haha.

Have an awesome weekend! and an even better birthday!

xoxox

looking-glass-fables.blogspot.com

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

happy bday - congrads on your year and here's to another great one for you :)