Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Manuscript Maven Jamboree!

A little note to say that the Manuscript Mavens are having our first Anniversary Jamboree! There are prizes, books, and answers to those questions everyone has always wondered! So pop on over and check it out!
Today's question asks what's the best Halloween costume you've worn? Ironically, I was just home this weekend scanning in pictures and I happened to scan in one from Halloween my first year of law school. I was a Bond girl... wish I could remember my Bond name.... and for some reason Blogger is being mean and won't let me post the picture so you'll have to go HERE to my LJ to see it. 
Suggested Bond names welcome in the comments :)  So head over to the Maven site and let me know -- what's your favorite Halloween costume?

4 comments:

K J Gillenwater said...

My senior year of college my date and I (he was a very yummy freshman) dressed as the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman. We found these awesome 70s style track suits, and we would enter a room by jogging in slow motion with our bionic sound effects.

Sadly, most of the 'younger' people in the room didn't get it. This was the early 90s...so no internet or computers or YouTube. We had to add name tags, and even then...

Sigh.

Still my favorite Halloween 'pairs' costume!

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

i was an "indian/native american" in the 3rd grade. my mom intricately sewed beads and a beautiful dress and a lot of accessories. i felt so beautiful!

Carrie Ryan said...

Kristin -- I love couple costumes! But I'm never clever enough to come up with any good ones.

Elizabeth -- that does sound beautiful!!!

K J Gillenwater said...

Our next door neighbors were a frat house...the 'smart' fraternity of engineering and math majors. We were the geek sorority and, oddly enough, an apparent incubator for lesbians. Anyway, every year we had a couples Halloween party.

One year my roommate had 3 dates...yes, three...they went as the Scooby Doo gang. It was AMAZING. My roommate went as Daphne with the purple dress and got the hair just right. Fred & Shaggy were perfect. And then...A GUY...went as Velma. HILARIOUS. The scary thing was, he looked JUST like her!