Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gollancz Cover for The Dark and Hollow Places

Just last week I posted a collection of the foreign covers for my books and I have a new on to add to the collection!  As I said before, I feel so lucky to have gotten such beautiful covers and that means that to a certain extent, I now open cover related emails with one hand over my eyes because I'm just not sure how much longer my luck can hold out.

As it turns out, my lucky streak continues!  This is the cover Gollancz designed and it will be released in the UK, Australia and New Zealand.  If you read the flap copy for The Dark and Hollow Places you'll understand the significance barbed wire plays in the story.  I couldn't be more thrilled with how this cover turned out!!!


Yep, I love everything about this cover: the ominous sounding tag line, "The worst secrets are about the future," the smeared blood, the dirty concrete, the barbed wire heart, even the font (and yes, I also love the descriptor "International Bestselling Sensation" - squee!)

Thank you thank you thank you Gollancz for such a gorgeous cover!!  Of course this does mean I've been doing a lot of staring and not quite as much writing/revising.  Oops!

15 comments:

Alyson Greene said...

Wow! It's amazing. It captures the feel of your books: dark, terrifying, and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Every time you post a new book title/book cover it makes me shiver.

Livia said...

WOW, fantastic! When can we see the US one?

Pixie said...

LOVE IT!

Abbie said...

The cover is really, really cool. I think it's my favorite of the three. EEP! I am so excited to read it! :D

Louise said...

GORGEOUS! I've loved all of the covers, and am very excited for this book!

Jessica said...

GREAT cover! Wow...it's so...evocative. Now I'm really dying to read it!

The Readings of a Busy Mom said...

wohooo im chuffed i love the cover its superb!!!

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

Wow, that's awesome! Simple, yet beautiful!

Tyhitia Green said...

Beautiful cover, Carrie. :-D And creepy--I love it.

~Tyhitia

Kim said...

I love the new cover...it's spectacular!

Anonymous said...

i am dying to read it. hmm i wonder if they gind a cure for the zombies and everythings back without zombies

akarin said...

I am a high school teacher who just picked up The Forest of Hands and Teeth and The Dead-Tossed Waves and I am enthralled with the stories and the universe you have created. Kudos on wonderful writing that is simply engrossing; I cannot wait for The Dark and Hollow Places!

And yes, that cover is perfect!

Chersti Nieveen said...

Gorgeous cover! And I have to also add how PERFECT your titles are -- taken from the narrative and fitting each book as a whole. Can't wait for this next book!

Kalyn Lady said...

http://www.amazon.com/Forbidden-Definitions/dp/1862308160/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I32OBUODVSBQ2G&colid=2ML4FLB9UZDJ0

I saw this post yesterday, and the cover looked so familar. This is why.