Monday, March 21, 2011

Yay for makey-outy scenes!

I'm super excited to welcome all you treasure hunters to my blog, especially since it's for a cause I believe in: the makey-outy scene.  So, in honor of Cassandra Clare's treasure hunt for the scenes too hot to include in the trailer for City of Fallen Angels I thought I'd give a brief teaser of a kiss from The Dark and Hollow Places, the third book in my Forest of Hands and Teeth series, which comes out TOMORROW!
We're twirling so fast now that the force of it tries to pull us apart, but he holds me tighter, snowflakes spiraling around us.  I let my head fall back and revel in the joy that erupts from every part of me for the first time in so long.

Finally, he stops and we stand there hiccuping and gulping frigid air.  He reaches out absently and tucks a wet strand of hair behind my left ear, his fingertips just barely brushing my jaw.  For a minute I forget to tense, forget to care that the hair was there to cover my scars, to hide me.  For a minute I feel normal.

I don't let hesitation crowd my mind.  Instead I let the buoyant freedom of the moment overwhelm me and I stretch up onto my toes and push my mouth against his.
And no, I'm not telling you who the guy getting kissed is :)  If you want to read more, starting tomorrow you can pick up The Dark and Hollow Places at the following places: Random House | IndieBound | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Borders | Walmart

Also, if you live in or near Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Cincinnati, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Phoenix or Los Angeles I'm headed your way for tour starting today!  Click here to find out where I'll be and come say hi!

So, now the clue you're looking for!  Hello, treasure hunters! Your letter is : L

Your next blog is Kami Garcia and Margie Stohl, authoresses of Beautiful Creatures. Go!



13 comments:

Erin said...

Okay, I've never read your books but just reading that teaser makes me want to pick them up. Will have to see what I can find tomorrow.

Jess (Gone with the Words) said...

Does his name start with a C?!? :D I hope it does!! Hehe

Shelley Watters said...

Aaaaaaaahhhhh! Love it Carrie! Can't wait to go get my copy tomorrow. I've been waiting WAY too long for this book to come out!

Ann Stewart said...

I'll having swooning chill bumps all the way to the book store.

Unknown said...

Now THAT is a scene I want to read the rest of!

Sineous said...

Sadly, I will have to wait until March 26th for my copy. I live in Germany and I love your books! Please don't let people make a movie out of it...it will spoil the beauty of your work.

Coffee Spoons said...

Pleasepleaseplease come to the South-east! (Charlotte in particular) It would make my life.

Carrie Ryan said...

Yay! So glad y'all liked the snippet!

Katie -- I live in Charlotte and am hoping to set up a signing there soon!

Anonymous said...

I love love love these books! I'm usually not into the switching of characters from the main, but I absolutely adore all of yours! I've been waiting for your book to come out and I bought a Kindle, so I'm hoping it's available for download at midnight! :)

<3 Jenn, Winston-Salem, NC

Karen said...

Ahh, I cannot wait!!! Sadly, I pre-ordered your book so I could have it signed, but I might just sneak into the book store....
Man, I wish you could come to Hawaii!!! It's great to live in "paradise", but unfortunate that not many authors sign here :( Maybe you should take a vacation to Oahu sometime--with your fellow awesome YA authors, too! Anyways, LOVE your writing! :D

L.L. Muir said...

We'll see you in Salt Lake!

The Utah Romance Writers gang, (driven by Lesli Muir Lytle)

book publisher said...

Excellent stuff! I'll pick up this book in Barnes & nobles this week. God bless!

Unknown said...

Gotta tell you this series ROCKS!!!!