Monday, September 13, 2010

Smart Chicks Kick It Tour starts today!

I'm so super excited that the Smart Chicks Kick It Tour starts today in Austin, TX!  Wahoo!  For those of you who haven't heard about it, the Smart Chicks Tour was the idea of Melissa Marr, Kelley Armstrong and Alyson Noel who wanted to put together a tour of authors from various houses (usually, if authors get to tour in groups at all they're all from the same publishing house but they wanted to break this mold).  All told there are 17 authors going to 12 different cities over the next two weeks -- holy cow!!  Only Melissa, Kelley and Alyson will be at each stop so the mixture of authors will change from city to city.

My stops are in Chicago and San Diego -- here are the details:

September 21st, 2010 6 PM
@ Encinitas County Library, hosted by MYSTERIOUS GALAXY, San Diego, CA
Melissa Marr, Alyson Noel, Kelley Armstrong, Mary Pearson, Rachel Caine, Rachel Vincent, Carrie Ryan, Margaret Stohl & Kami Garcia.

September 22nd, 2010 7 PM
@ Wentz Concert Hall at North Central College, Hosted by ANDERSON'S Naperville, IL
Alyson Noel, Kelley Armstrong, Melissa Marr, Jackson Pearce, Jennifer Barnes & Carrie Ryan
NOTE: for this event, it is free with the purchase on one book by a featured author or $5 without purchase.


Here's the full schedule.  Here's the list of authors.  And here's the blog where you can follow along with all the fun shenanigans (and get FAQs about the tour answered).

I'm just super excited about this tour because I love meeting and chatting with readers and I'm also pretty psyched to meet and hang out with such crazy awesome authors (I just started Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires series -- why have I not read these before! I'm addicted!)

After the Smart Chicks tour I'll be at the Baltimore Book Festival and will post more details soon!

Other than that, I'm sick (which always happens after I hit a deadline and my body realizes that it's okay to relax and get sick) and working to catch up on all the things I let slide over the past month: emails, interviews, snail mail, etc etc.  My to-do list is long enough to make me weep but I'm determined to prevail!

1 comment:

Mike G said...

Hi Carrie,

I have a question about the cover for The Dead-Tossed Waves. I was digging around your blog and saw the cover in the post for April 6, 2009. Obviously that cover was changed. What happened? And do I understand that it was done by the same artist that did the original cover for The Forest of Hands & Teeth?

Saw you in March at Schuler Books in Lansing, MI. Hope you return when the new book comes out.

Mike Grimm
Librarian
Fowlerville Junior High School