Monday, December 01, 2008

Title Mojo

Gasp! I have been accused of stealing Ally Carter's title mojo! She of the I'D TELL YOU I LOVE YOU, BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU and CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO SPY and DON'T JUDGE A GIRL BY HER COVER. I mean, this is an author who has commas in her titles! How cool is that to have a comma in your title? And what about the double meanings -- a book about spies and the word "cover" is in the title! Brilliant!

Now granted, I was accused of stealing said mojo a few weeks ago and was given a week to fess up or return it. Clearly, deadlines mean nothing to me, a hardened criminal. But after much pondering (and eating of pie) I've decided that, without admitting any guilt whatsoever, I might be willing to broker a trade. Title mojo for revision mojo. And if Ally will throw in a little "how to get out of PJ's in the morning" mojo then it will only sweeten the deal.

Yes, I know -- revision mojo is hard to quantify. But I've been reading Ally's blog for quite a while now and I know she's got the mojo. I've read her books -- more like devoured them -- and no one could write like her without some good mojo.

So there's my offer. If we have to duel it out in some exotic locale like Ireland... then so be it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Je n'ai pas du "mojo."

How about a mojito instead?

Carrie Ryan said...

mmmmm... mojitos....