Sunday, March 02, 2008

Tidbits

JP gives his side of the proposal here. He's just the best ever! Also, he's been reading me his book and I LOVE it. I'm so excited for him and the story and I'm totally hooked!

I've been working on copy-edits or, as I like to call it: "playing with punctuation." I have a whole post about it but I'll probably save it for the Manuscript Mavens tomorrow. Um, if I can find a way to fit it into this week's theme...

This weekend I'm going home to see my sisters -- both of them will be in town with all of their kids: 5 boys and 1 girl ages 5 and under. OY!

And finally, I know people dismiss facebook and I did too. But can I just say that I LOVE reconnecting with old friends. I've always said that I'm too lazy to continue a lot of my earlier relationships but that doesn't mean I don't care about the people who have been important in my life. It's just cool to catch up with folks without the pressure: to see the engagements, the kids, the fun! This weekend I was able to catch up with two people who were amazing friends in my life -- Kristin from law school and Nancy from high school. You know, it's hard to keep in touch with people that you know you won't see a lot. But these are people I spent every day with for years. They know me so well, and it's cool to catch up and know that life has been great to them.

It made me happy to know that their lives are happy because they deserve it. Maybe I'm sentimental, but I kinda like that :)

So that's what's going on here! House is still a mess, roses are still gorgeous, kitties are still rotund. Life is good in the Ryan-Davis house :)

4 comments:

Erica Ridley said...

I kept meaning to open "writer" Facebook/MySpace accounts, kept forgetting/procrastinating, and now people have friended me from both my molecular and interweb lives. C'est la vie. I've got lots of friends totally addicted to both. Although I'm the lame one who logs in once a quarter instead of once an hour, I agree with you--it's so neat to reconnect with old friends!

Patrick Alan said...

Psst!!!

Time to update 'About Me'

He's more than your Boyfriend now!!!

Carrie Ryan said...

Thanks Patrick -- I totally forgot!

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed your visit! Sounds like it must have been totally crazy! As for Facebook, I have to admit to feeling the same way. A high school friend of mine badgered me into joining, and now I keep finding more and more old friends on there, people I haven't really thought about in years. I have to say that I like that.